This week’s featured food producer is none other than our old friends at Glenisk. ?Freddy and Glenisk go way back, in fact right back to when the Freddy Buttons books were launched with a wonderful, Glenisk sponsored, garden at Bloom. ?Now they were fun times!
For over 30 years, Glenisk’s philosophy towards producing fresh, nutritious food has not changed. They don’t use anything artificial – and never will. ?It’s no wonder that they are Ireland’s best loved yogurt.
Glenisk’s organic milk comes from Irish cows who eat Irish grass – no fertilisers or chemicals, just lush green grass. What could be better? And if cow milk doesn’t agree with little tummies, they also have a range of goat milk products. ?What could be better?!
We also have a recipe for you, so why not give it a go?
360g of porridge oats
3-4 tbsp milk or almond milk
2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
Optional: 1 cup of mixed nuts or seeds; Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 180?C / 350?F / Gas Mark 4. Grease a standard loaf tin (2lbs/900g – 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 9cm) using butter or simply use parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, egg, milk and bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir in the oats,?salt and cup of mixed nuts and seeds (if you so wish).
- Ensure all ingredients are well blended into a doughy texture?and then transfer mixture to loaf tin.
- Cut a line down the centre of your loaf and sprinkle with a few?nuts and seeds.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45-55 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Remove loaf from tin. Return to oven upside down and allow loaf to cook for 5 minutes more to make loaf crispy.
- Insert skewer to ensure that inside of loaf is cooked before removing from oven.
- Leave to cool on a wire tray.
Glenisk will be sending out some goodies to the winner of this week’s giveaway. ?What do you win? ?Well, as always on Freddy’s Foodie Fridays, nobody knows!
All we know is that the winner will get some very tasty goodies from Glenisk.
How to enter?
Pop over to Freddy Buttons Facebook OR Instagram page and leave a comment on today’s giveaway post featuring Glenisk. ?Like and comment and we will announce the winner on Monday.
Best of luck everyone! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??
- ?Sorry, if you are my friend or related to me, you won’t win this lovely prize.?
- Like and comment on either Facebook or Instagram (we know not everyone uses both).
- Winner is chosen by a number generator.
- We genuinely don’t know what will arrive in the post – we just know that it will be tasty.?