This simple and delicious recipe is guaranteed to be a firm family favourite. ?Be sure to give it a try – it is really easy to make and is so versatile that it can go from a heart-warming lunch for the kids to being served in a tea cup at a sophisticated dinner party.
450 g fresh or frozen peas
4 shallots (diced) or 1 onion (diced)
2 leeks (diced)
1 potato (peeled and chopped)
800 mls vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to season
- Melt the butter and add the shallots and leeks. Stir over a low heat for a couple of minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the potato and cook for one minute.
- Add the peas and the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a food processor or liquidizer and process until it?s smooth.
- Return to the pot and reheat gently.
- Season to taste, and serve.
Recipe from Fiona Dillon’s Food From An Irish Garden (Orpen Press, 2013)